IMPORTANT: To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Eclectarium blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!
IMPORTANT: To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my ShukerNature blog's articles (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!
IMPORTANT: To view a complete, regularly-updated listing of my Starsteeds blog's poetry and other lyrical writings (each one instantly clickable), please click HERE!

Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 August 2011

WELCOME TO MY ECLECTARIUM!


Although I am known primarily for my writings on cryptozoology, unnatural history, and animal mythology, and also for my poetry, my interests are by no means confined to these subjects - spanning others as diverse as motorbikes and masquerade masks, stamp collecting and Sherlock Holmes, animation and automata, surrealism, James Dean, the supernatural, vintage rock 'n' roll music, fantasy art and novels, musical theatre and pantomime, science fiction literature and films, memorable quotes and curious quiz trivia, ancient civilisations, geographical enigmas, clowns and jesters, little-known scientific anomalies and controversies, mysteries of history, and much much more.

As these are largely (and often entirely) outside the scope of my ShukerNature and Star Steeds blogs, however, I have not been able to share my interests in them online - not until now, that is. From today, all that will change, because I now have great pleasure in welcoming you to my latest blog - The Eclectarium of Doctor Shuker.

Here, for your entertainment and wonderment, I shall be revealing all manner of marvels and delights that have fascinated me over the years. Sometimes, I shall merely direct your attention to an interesting and unusual item that I have lately encountered elsewhere online; on other occasions, I shall either republish an item of my own that has only previously appeared in hard-copy format or prepare an entirely new post on an intriguing subject that has caught my attention.

So, expect the unexpected, and imagine the unimaginable, as I parade before you an incomparably eclectic array of esoterica and incredibilia. But even as I type these words, I see something is stirring in the shadows. The exordium is over, for the show has just begun...!

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Shuker, would you please share some photos of your collections, library, etc.? I love seeing people's personal libraries, etc., it is so inspirational and fun! Thank you for your time!

    ReplyDelete